Infinitive or Gerund After Verbs?
* after preposition* phrasal verbs: keep on, give up, etc.
* verbs: dislike, enjoy, finish, mind, practice,
quit, recommend, stop, suggest, etc.
* as a subject of a sentence
INFINITIVE* after adjectives
* to express reason and purpose
* after verbs want, need, decide, learn, afford, agree,
seem, promise, refuse, hope, plan, would like etc.
Gerund or infinitive without changing meaning after:
begin, continue, hate, love, like, prefer, start etc.
Gerund or infinitive with different meanings:
Try + to inf - make an effort,
Try + gerund - do to see if you like it
remember + to inf - not to forget to do smth
remember + Gerund - have in memory